Learn to stand-up paddleboard (SUP) and enjoy a SUP safari adventure on the beautiful River Avon with Wittering SUP; an ASI accredited SUP school and a British Canoeing Delivery Partner.
We are COVID19 Secure Audited by the ASI.
We really are very lucky here; the River Avon is a slow, winding, dreamy escape of a river that meanders away from roads, towns and the noise of civilization into a quiet wilderness full of creatures large and small. I quite regularly see deers swimming in the river during the Summer and Red Kites are starting to shadow us as we paddle along too! This is way more than just your average 'learn to SUP' session, this is a complete experience giving you the skills to escape into nature safely on a paddleboard so you can explore these natural spaces from the unique perspective of walking on water! WAY more than just a SUP adventure this comprehensive beginner's SUP safari even counts towards your ASI SUPwise* certification!
NEW: Get 10% discount on hot drinks and delicious lunches after your paddle from our pals at Revills Farm Shop situated right next to us!
Stand up For Nature
For every ticket sold (including gift vouchers), not only will we plant a much needed tree in a deserving reforestation project, but we will also donate £2 towards our local Kemerton Conservation Trust; the custodians of our beautiful local landscape and it's wildlife. Together we will stand up for nature.
This activity is perfect for..
Absolute beginners or intermediates looking for a refresher and an adventure., You'll learn how to stand up paddleboard followed by a peaceful tour of the beautiful river Avon to enjoy the tranquillity and local wildlife (kingfishers, deer, herons, wagtails, skylarks, swallows, Canada Geese, swans, buzzards, Red Kites, otters and even rare curlews at moment!).
Activity duration: approximately 2.5hrs.
Trip location: Arden Sailing Club to Nafford Lock via Eckington Bridge
Ages 12+ (under 18s with a guardian).
Min booking of 2, maximum group size of 6 (for larger groups give us a call to arrange).
All participants must be able to swim 50m.
Cost: £60 per person | £195 Family ticket (2 adults & 2 children under 18)
What you'll be doing
- Meet and greet at the Sailing Club, lots of smiles and high-fives 😃
- We kit you out with your paddle, board and safety gear
- You will learn all about paddleboards, their key features, accessories and different types
- Our land based briefing (approx 15 minutes) will teach you:
- How to kneel paddle (forwards / backwards / turning)
- How to transition from kneeling to standing
- How to paddle correctly (including the 5 phases of the paddle stroke)
- Safety and self rescue techniques; how to fall correctly and how to get back on your board
- We will then carry our boards to the water, get in and practice our kneel paddling techniques
- Once everybody is happy and confident (usually about 15 minutes) we will start to explore down the river, taking turns to practice transitioning from kneeling to standing (never rushing this bit, all at your own pace) and have lots of fun as you learn a new skill and find out for yourself why SUP is the fastest growing watersport in the world!
- Learn how to safely exit the water followed by your debriefing and more high-fives all around!