Learn or develop your stand-up paddleboarding skills in a private coaching session on the beautiful River Avon with Wittering SUP; an ASI accredited SUP school and a British Canoeing Delivery Partner.
We are COVID19 Secure Audited by the ASI.
Stand up For Nature
For every ticket sold (including gift vouchers), not only will we plant a much needed tree in a deserving reforestation project, but we will also donate £2 towards our local Kemerton Conservation Trust; the custodians of our beautiful local landscape and it's wildlife. Together we will stand up for nature.
This activity is perfect for..
This 2-hour 1-2-1 training and touring session is perfect for beginners who want to go from complete novice to proficient paddler or existing paddlers looking to improve their technique. This is not a group session, you will have the complete attention of ASI instructor, James Wittering. You'll learn how to stand up paddleboard followed by a peaceful tour of the beautiful river Avon to enjoy the tranquillity and local wildlife (kingfishers, deer, herons, wagtails, skylarks, swallows, Canada Geese, swans, buzzards, Red Kites, otters and even rare curlews at moment!). WAY more than just a 'taster' session this comprehensive beginner's paddle even counts towards your ASI SUPwise* certification!
Available as a single session or save money by booking a 3 session course (details below).
Activity duration: approximately 2hrs.
Trip location: Arden Sailing Club to The Swans Neck via Eckington Bridge
All participants must be able to swim 50m.
Cost: £90 per person (single session) £240 (3 session coaching course)
What you'll be doing
- Meet and greet at the Sailing Club, lots of smiles and high-fives 😃
- We kit you out with your paddle, board and safety gear
- You will learn all about paddleboards, their key features, accessories and different types
- Our land based briefing (approx 15 minutes) will teach you:
- How to kneel paddle (forwards / backwards / turning)
- How to transition from kneeling to standing
- How to paddle correctly (including the 5 phases of the paddle stroke)
- Safety and self rescue techniques; how to fall correctly and how to get back on your board
- We will then carry our boards to the water, get in and practice our kneel paddling techniques
- Once you are happy and confident (usually about 15 minutes) we will start to explore down the river, practice transitioning from kneeling to standing (never rushing this bit, all at your own pace) and have lots of fun as you learn a new skill and find out for yourself why SUP is the fastest growing watersport in the world!
- Depending on your existing skill level we can look at developing your stroke technique, learn various turns and take your paddling prowess to the next level!
- Learn how to safely exit the water followed by your debriefing and more high-fives all around!
3 Sessions Coaching Course
Block buy 3 sessions and save money. Over the duration of your 3, 2hr sessions we'll take you from absolute beginner to seasoned pro. We'll have more time to explore water safety techniques, improved paddle technique, advanced turns and, of course, spend more time exploring the beautiful River Avon :) - You'll book the date of your first session online and then we'll arrange your next 2 sessions to suite you.