Summer paddleboarding activity sessions for kids 8-15 on the beautiful River Avon with Wittering SUP; an ASI accredited SUP school
Kid's SUP sessions are back! Our 1.5hr paddleboarding activity sessions are designed to get them outside, having fun, learning new skills, connecting with peers and nature in a safe, confidence building environment.
As an ASI accredited school our instructors hold current, full DBS checks and are all water safety and sports first-aid trained. We are taking 8 children per session with 2 instructors per session. (1:4 instructor/child ratio).
Our sessions include everything they need to enjoy a fun packed day including learning to Paddleboard, water safety training, games, races, raft building, jousting, water pistol fun and the all important, post paddle cookie break!
Activity duration: approximately 1.5hrs.
Location: Arden Sailing Club, Defford
All participants must be able to swim 50m.
Cost: £45 per child
What they'll be doing
- Meet and greet at the Sailing Club, lots of smiles and high-fives 😃
- Mums & dads make themselves comfy on a picnic bench to watch or disappear for some quiet coffee time to the farmshop (10% discount at the farmshop for paddler's parents!)
- We kit them out with paddles, boards and buoyancy aids
- They will learn all about paddleboards, their key features and history of the sport
- Our land based briefing (approx 15 minutes) will teach them:
- How to kneel paddle (forwards / backwards / turning)
- How to transition from kneeling to standing
- How to paddle correctly (including the 5 phases of the paddle stroke)
- Safety and self rescue techniques; how to fall correctly and how to get back on their board
- We will then carry our boards to the water, get in and practice our kneel paddling techniques
- Once everybody is happy and confident (usually about 15 minutes) we will start to explore down the river, taking turns to practice transitioning from kneeling to standing (never rushing this bit, all at their own pace) and have lots of fun learning a new skill!
- Lots of water based games, silliness and races!
- Learn how to safely exit the water followed by their debriefing, squash and cookies and more high-fives all around!