Learn to stand-up paddleboard (SUP) and have some fun on a pretty lake with Wittering SUP; an ASI accredited SUP school and a British Canoeing Delivery Partner.
COVID19 LATEST: All our sessions will be socially distanced, hygienic and will adhere to government guidelines and advice from British Canoeing, the ASI and the Avon Navigation Trust as these evolve over time as well as meeting our own internal COVID19 risk assessment standards. We are also COVID19 Secure Audited by the ASI.
It's time for some fun on the water! Our Sunday Funday paddle sessions at Water's Edge are the perfect way to safely let off some steam on the water with family or friends. New to SUP? No problem, learn to stand-up paddleboard with an ASI instructor and then get ready for some fun and games on the pretty lake at Water's Edge!
Once you're on your feet we'll put those new skills to the test with some fun and games; races, chases, raft building challenges, 2'SUP, pirates and perhaps even a water pistol battle!
This activity is perfect for kid's parties, family fun days, corporate team building sessions - anyone looking for fun on the water in a safe, beautiful environment :)
Ideal for complete beginners (or novice paddlers looking for a fun way to improve their SUP skills) with full instruction and all gear provided (boards, paddles and buoyancy aids) Just bring yourself, some family or friends!
Activity duration: approximately 1.5hrs.
Session location: Water's Edge Lake in Bishampton, Pershore.
Ages 8+ (under 18s with a guardian onsite).
All participants must be able to swim 50m.
Min booking of 4, maximum group size of 6 (for now).
Cost: £45 per person
What they'll be doing
- Meet and greet at the Sailing Club, lots of smiles and high-fives 😃
- We kit them out with paddles, boards and buoyancy aids
- They will learn all about paddleboards, their key features and history of the sport
- Our land based briefing (approx 15 minutes) will teach them:
- How to kneel paddle (forwards / backwards / turning)
- How to transition from kneeling to standing
- How to paddle correctly (including the 5 phases of the paddle stroke)
- Safety and self rescue techniques; how to fall correctly and how to get back on their board
- We will then carry our boards to the water, get in and practice our kneel paddling techniques
- Once everybody is happy and confident (usually about 15 minutes) we will get to our feet and test our new skills with some fun and games! Races, chases, raft building challenges, 2'SUP, pirates and perhaps even a water pistol battle!
- Learn how to safely exit the water followed by their debriefing and more high-fives all around!